OUR SPONSOR AND A SPECIAL OFFER
I was thrilled to announce, and thank our new sponsor New York Partners Group, LLC, Jon Postyn MBA, ChFC, CASL and Sam Miller MBA, ChFC, CLU, CASL. Their location in Westbury was great and their conference room was beautiful. They will also be hosting our May and June meetings. I had the pleasure of introducing Jon Postyn, who offered a brief presentation of the New York Partners financial services.
- Our next meeting is May 24th at New York Partners, LLC in Westbury. The meeting is free for members and $10 for guests.
- A reminder that Webgrrls International membership is as low as $55/year. It will pay for itself in just 6 meetings!
- For everyone using Twitter please follow us at @LIWebgrrls.
- We will resume the discussion topics in May. We are planning to offer more opportunities for LI Webgrrls to meet, network, and learn. Watch for announcements about our next workshop which will be on how technology can help with time management, and for the introduction of quarterly breakfast gatherings.
- Raffles - 50% discount on Webgrrls membership, 25% discount on Webgrrls membership, my book, "It's About Time: Time Management Tips From The Software Revitalist", and "Connected Culture" by Jerry Alloca.
INTRODUCTIONS AND PERSONAL Introductions are truly the "Heart and Soul" of every Webgrrls meeting. As we traveled around the room each person shared who they were, what they did, along with the Webgrrls famous "what they NEED, and what they OFFER." This allowed everyone to gain more insight, however, it is not as easy as it sounds. We break the standard networking mold and encourage creativity.
To celebrate our anniversary we spent all our time on the introductions, which made the meeting really fun. There was a great deal of professional information exchanged and personal information explored. Everyone had the opportunity to share stories that emphasized their expertise and what makes them each unique in the marketplace. The conversation that I really enjoyed was toward the end of the meeting where cycling in Long Island became a "hot" topic. One woman expressed her issues with having to drive around the bicycles on the road where another women mentioned that "real" cyclists follow the rules and leave enough room for cars to pass. So how can you tell the real cyclists? Watch for helmets and "spiffy" outfits!
"My first time attending a Webgrrls meeting I was surprised that it went beyond typical networking (what is your ideal client) and allowed us to connect on a personal level as well."
Productivity Consultant - Visions Productivity Solutions
Thank you to all who attended for making this another wonderful meeting. LI Webgrrls continues to grow and we want to see more guests and new members join in 2011!
If you couldn't make it on April 26th you missed a great meeting, along with the opportunity to network with smart women, and I am sorry that you missed it. If you have been thinking about coming to a meeting don't wait any longer!
Be a part of something big! Help drive the direction of LI Webgrrls.
Looking forward to seeing you at the May meeting!
Long Island Webgrrls Chapter Leader