Find a Chapter
Thanks to the efforts of our volunteer Chapter Leaders, women around the globe can turn to Webgrrls International as a forum to exchange job and business leads, network, form strategic alliances, mentor and teach, intern and learn the skills needed to succeed in an increasingly technical workplace and world.
If you're interested in becoming a Chapter Leader here's what you need to know:
The Chapter Leader's role is to facilitate the activities of the local chapter including organizing networking meetings, workshops and seminars and classes and to seed and encourage the conversations and connections between and amongst the members of the organization. She is responsible for creating a professional and supportive and empowering environment for the membership to connect with each other, learn new skills and strive for success.
She is also the conduit of information between the membership and HQ, the point person between the local chapter and the business community and the point of contact for the local press.back to top
A Webgrrls Chapter Leader is just that, a leader. She does not need to have technical background or technical experise. She is looked upon as leader in the community and someone who can get things done. She becomes the "go to" person and can usally problem solve and facilitate connections for the members.
Webgrrls International (HQ) will provide almost all of the technology necessary to run and managr a chapter.back to top
Successful Chapter Leaders are those who have and/or work hard on developing skills to:
- Work with other women to create a supportive and empowering community
- Organize events, including meetings or classes, on a small or large scale
- Practice diplomacy with others and work to maintain respect and integrity
- Delegate tasks so that other women, such as steering committee members, can make their valuable contributions to the group
- Develop and communicate a strong vision and goals for the chapter she represents
- Help develop the next Chapter Leader and/or successful candidates who will later take on this important role to help move the chapter forward
- Although there are no professional minimum qualifications, we look for the kinds of background experience that would be beneficial to a leader
A Chapter Leader can raise her profile and gain some real prominence in her community. A lot of opportunities will flow to her as she becomes the "go to" person. The membership comes to her for advice and contacts, the business community will approach her with strategic alliances and business opportunities and the press will come to her for interviews, for story ideas and for people to interview. She becomes a resource. The more people who know who you are, the better the chances are that they will think of you when there is an opportunity.
Chapter Leaders are three things: (See Role of a Chapter Leader)
- She is the conduit of information between Webgrrls HQ and the local membership.
- She is the point of contact between the chapter and the local business community and
- She is the point person to the press for local chapter.
Although there are no professional minimum qualifications, we look for the kinds of background experience that would be beneficial to a leaderback to top
If there is already an established chapter without a chapter leader or if there is no chapter in your area and you would like to start one, fill out Chapter Leader application form.
|First Name *|
|Last Name *|
|Street Address *|
|Zip/Postal Code *||
|Primiry Phone # *|
|Secondary Phone #|
|Chapter Location *||
|A brief Introduction about you and what you do (include link to online bio if available) *|
|Why would you like to be a chapter leader? *|
|What goals would you have in the first year as a chapter leader? *|
Thank you for applying to become a chapter leader! We look forward to getting to know you and reviewing your application. We will get back to you ASAP.
Back to Become a Chapter Leader FAQ