Send and Receive Faxes for FREE
Drop.io is a website that allows you to create a private chunk of space that you can use to store and share anything (pictures, video, audio, docs, etc) privately, without accounts, personal registration, or email addresses.
Only people that know the URL of a drop can access it. You can create as many “drops” as you want and password protect access to your “drops”. You can also select whether visitors can add files to your drop and when the drop should expire.
Drop.io recently added FREE faxing to their services.
To send a fax from your drop to a recipient:
1. Click on â€˜send’ and then select ‘fax’ next to any document (.doc) or PDF
2. Enter the 10 digit fax number of the recipient (our service is US only)
3. Your fax is sent, end of story
Note: you can only fax out documents up to 20 pages.. Certain word documents with embedded charts, or other OLE objects PDF files made with Postscript 3 will not work.
To receive a fax into your drop:
1. Go to your drop and click â€˜receive a faxâ€™
2. Email the cover sheet to the person sending the fax to your drop OR click â€˜this coversheetâ€™ and send the custom drop.io cover sheet to the person sending the fax
3. The sender must put the drop.io cover-page on top of the fax.
4. The fax will appear in your drop as a .PDF
Note: So, the basic idea, to fax a document into a drop you must use the dropâ€™s custom â€˜cover pageâ€™ â€“ give the cover page to the fax sender and you are in good shape (email it to them, print it and send it to them, whatever you want)