Design, usability, functionality, and optimization…that is what we who work on the Web should be about…lets check out what the Google team has to say about it.
Here is a list of principles that all Google website designers use as a guide. This list came from Google’s User Experience (UX) group that is responsible for Google’s user interface design, visual design, user research, web development, and user interface writing.
1. Focus on peopleâ€”their lives, their work, their dreams.
2. Every millisecond counts.
3. Simplicity is powerful.
4. Engage beginners and attract experts.
5. Dare to innovate.
6. Design for the world.
7. Plan for today’s and tomorrow’s business.
8. Delight the eye without distracting the mind.
9. Be worthy of people’s trust.
10. Add a human touch.
Go to Google’s website to read the explanation of each item.
I often talk on the subject of website usability and the importance of designing your web pages with your user in mind.Â Check out my recent blog post about tools to help you improve your website’s usability.