A blog that has itâ€™s own domain name projects a level of seriousness and professionalism.
You should have your own domain even if you are on a hosted solution like typepad or blogger. To do that you can implement a feature called Domain Mapping. Which is the process of pointing a registered domain name to a TypePad or a Blogger blog.
Below is a step by step tutorial on how to map your domain to your blog host.
If you have a domain name that you already purchased, go to step 4.
- Pick a domain name for your blog (i.e. www.webgrrls.com)
- Check to see if the domain name is available. Search the whois database
- If the domain name is available, buy it. You can use Godaddy.com, Networksolutions.com, register.com (I use godaddy.com because they offer domain names for $8.95 per year vs. $34.99 at networksolutions.com)
- Set-up the domain mapping with your registrar
- Set up the domain mapping with your blog host
If you have a TypePad blog and are hosting your domain name with godaddy.com, you can also use a step by step tutorial created by buildabetterblog.com
No comments yet.