Online and offline trends to help you increase your brand equity
I just read a briefing from TrendWatching.com which discussed the topic of OFF=ON, which is a phenomena where offline businesses adjust to and mirror the increasingly dominant online world, from tone of voice to product development to business processes to customer relationships.
The briefing goes through real world examples of companies implementing the OFF=ON strategies and provides a checklist of strategies that have been successfully implemented online that you can incorporate into your offline business.
What about ON=OFF?
The attraction is mutual….In fact, expect â€˜onlineâ€™ to enjoy being ‘offline’ more than ever. Three quick sub-trends that are currently fueling ON=OFF: visibility, warm bodies and mobile mania.
People still want to go shop in a real store, meet and connect with real people and the increasing improvement of the mobile technology makes it easier for us to make the real world connections.
TrendWatching.com offers some tips on how to apply OFF=ON and ON=OFF to your own brand:
- Incorporate online symbols into one of your next designs.
- Have customers design something from scratch online, then bring it into the real world.
- Add any kind of online functionality or access feature to existing physical products.
- Study and then incorporate winning characteristics of living and doing business online into your offline processes.
- Infuse your campaigns with the language of the online-versed.
- Give your online brand an offline presence.
- Partner with any kind of relevant meet-up venture.
- Introduce a ‘warm bodies FEEDER BUSINESS’.
- Hop on the mobile-meets-web bandwagon. Start with introducing an iPhone app. Hey, if British Airways can do it…
- Look beyond the next 6 to 12 months and dive into leading online gurus’ visions. After all, even if their exact timing is sometimes off, their predictions so far have all come true.